Customer Profiling in Loyalty
There are three customer profiling methods that can be utilised to segment and form a profile of your customer. Talk to us to understand how we can help you use these approaches in your loyalty programme.
A classic approach to split customers into defined market segments.
- Lifestyle and demographics - factors such as age, location and gender
- Activities, interests and opinions - what customers like and enjoy verse not
- Values, attitudes and social class - factors such as social class, attitude to spending money, where and in what they place value
- Loyal customer - your brand advocates, the people that want to shout about you , your top VIPs.
- Discount customer - they are influenced by discounts and may only purchase if the product is discounted.
- Impulsive customer - more emotional-driven purchasing without specific purpose.
- Need-based customer - they have a necessity for the product, they know what they want but they will come and go quickly
Customer Characteristics Approach
- Connectivity-driven - the customer has an emotional stake in the company and wants to feel part of a community with likeminded people.
- Personalisation-driven - they want a product personalised to their exact needs and may be influenced by its look or service
- Convenience-driven - the quickest and easiest way to purchase the product determines their buying decision
About the Author